South Central Indiana Area Health Education Center (SCI-AHEC)
500 West Main Street
Mitchell, IN 47446
Phone: 812-849-4447 or 1-800-827-2219
What is the SCI-AHEC?
South Central Indiana Area Health Education Center (SCI AHEC) is a program designed to enhance access to quality health care in our 12 county regions by improving the supply and distribution of health care professionals through community and academic partnerships.
SCI-AHEC Service Area:
The SCI-AHEC Goals:
1. Health Careers Promotion, Preparation, and Diversity
- To increase the representation of individuals from under-represented minority, disadvantaged, and rural backgrounds in our region who are willing and able to pursue a health professional career.
2. Community - Based Student Education and Clinical Training
- To utilize hands-on experiences to improve health professions students' skills and competencies to enhance the quality of care and provide transformative team-based care delivery for rural and underserved community settings.
3. AHEC Scholars
- To utilize a comprehensive community-based education approach to improve the skills and competencies of health profession students' needed to enhance the quality of healthcare and provide transformative team-based care delivery within rural and underserved areas and populations.
4. Professional Support and Continuing Education
- To increase health professionals' access to training resources that support practice, reduce professional isolation, disseminates best practices and improve qualith of health care for medically underserved communities and people facing health disparity.