Hoosier Uplands
Contact Us*
Hoosier Uplands - Housing and Family Services Main Page

Hoosier Uplands Housing Counseling provides information for persons experiencing landlord-tenant problems, financial difficulties, Section 8 Housing Assistance applications and mortgage default/rental delinquency counseling.
The Section 8 Housing Assistance Program is also administered by this department. Section 8 Housing assists qualified families with rental assistance. Tenants complete a pre-application to put them on a waiting list that is maintained by Hoosier Uplands. Once the names on the waiting list are pulled tenants are contacted and eligibility is determined.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) pays a portion of the family rent based on their income, household composition and approved payment standard for the area. Typically tenants will not pay more than 40% of their adjusted gross income toward rent, including utilities.

The housing unit must meet certain housing quality standards to qualify as an assisted unit.

For more information call (812) 849-4447 or 1-800-827-2219.  Persons with hearing/speech disabilities please call Frontier's TRS at (800) 743-3333.